Playing YouTube videos is one of the simplest ways to see how fast your Internet connection is. Aren’t I sure I’m not the only one who has attempted that? why is youtube not working on my computer?
However, when you try to access one of your YouTube videos load but won’t play favorite videos and the screen keeps buffering, your blood pressure rises, and you become enraged. Even while it’s feasible, given that YouTube is one of the most popular social media platforms on the planet, there’s a slim probability that the issue is with YouTube. why is youtube not working?
Youtube down? Youtube not Working
The YouTube videos load but won’t play only thing that could cause YouTube videos to load but not play is something on your end, whether your Internet connection, browsers, computer, app, or other factors.
Starter Pack for Playing YouTube Videos on a Computer
I’ll explain to you how to fix that problem so you can go to YouTube and watch hilarious puppy and cat videos to pass the time during your break.
But first, let me introduce you to HTML 5 Video YouTube videos load but won’t play Play, which is a basic starter pack that you should install on your browser to watch YouTube videos. YouTube videos are played via HTML 5 Video Play. If something prevents the connection in the HTML 5 Video Play and the browser, or if the browser does not support HTML 5 video, YouTube videos will not play on Firefox, Chrome, or Android. If this happens, you’ll see a black screen with a message stating that your browser’s YouTube videos load but won’t play and don’t support video formats. To resolve this problem, you should download and install Adobe Flash Player. Aside from that, there are a few reasons why YouTube videos aren’t playing that we’ll reveal below!
How to Fix YouTube Videos That Won’t Play on Your Desktop
Browsers should be updated.
- Check the version of Firefox or Google Chrome that is installed on your machine. It must be the most recent version of Chrome or Firefox that YouTube videos load but won’t play can play HTML 5 video. Maybe you forgot to turn on the auto-update functionality. Thus the video formats aren’t supported.
- To check the Chrome version, Google Chrome users can paste and go to this address (chrome:/settings/help). To get the latest version, select Update Google Chrome and then Relaunch.
Cookies and cache should be cleared.
- Cookies and cache may obstruct the connection, resulting in YouTube videos not playing on the desktop.
- Clear the Cookies and Cache in your browser’s settings.
Chrome users can erase YouTube videos load but won’t play all cookies and other site data, as well as cached images and files, by pasting and going to this link (chrome:/settings/clearBrowserData). Then, on the Clear data button, click.
Extensions should be disabled.
- It’s critical to identify that you only need to disable the extensions, not remove them. Keep in mind that addons may be the cause of YouTube videos not playing on Chrome at times.
- Disable the extensions by sliding the YouTube videos load but won’t play toggle, then refresh the YouTube page to see if the problem has been resolved. If that’s the case, keep it turned off and remember to activate it when you need it.
- By then, you should be able to contact the developer and inform them of the issue.
Video drives should be updated.
- It’s possible that the video drivers haven’t been updated, preventing YouTube videos from playing. Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager to update your video drivers YouTube videos load but won’t play.
- To update an adaptor, go to Display Adaptors and right-click it.
- Then choose Automatically explore for updated driver software and follow the wizard’s instructions.
Re-establish Internet connectivity.
- Even if you are unable to access YouTube but are able to access other websites, it is possible that the Internet Connection is the source of the problem since it does not provide a reliable connection.
- To check your connection, go to the bottom right corner of your screen and click the ‘Show Hidden Icons’ emblem, then click Internet Access.
Reset the settings in your browsers
- I pity you if you can’t figure out why YouTube videos aren’t playing in your browsers at this point. But, hey, maybe it’s the browser settings that aren’t YouTube videos load but won’t play working.
- You can open Chrome and go to More > Settings in the upper right corner.
- Select Show Advanced Settings, then click Reset Settings in the Reset Settings section.
- A box will display, and you should click Reset.
Video Quality Should Be Reduced
- When there is a number of traffic on the internet, it can interfere with your Me-Time on YouTube.
- It’s impolite to urge other individuals to stop browsing or downloading stuff because their internet connection isn’t strong enough. Therefore YouTube videos load but won’t play suggest lowering the video quality.
- At the right bottom of the YouTube video, there is a settings icon. To choose a lesser quality alternative, click the Gear Icon. Try each one at a time to see which one will work best with your internet connection.
- Once the internet connection is stable, you can change the settings to Auto, which will automatically adapt to the connection.
Use a Different Email Account to Login
- It only works when the Gmail Account is the source of the issue. Simply log out of your Gmail account and try to log in with another one.
- If you don’t have any, you can make one for free and without difficulty. Alternatively, if you don’t think it’s necessary, you can view YouTube without logging into a Gmail account.