Student information systems (SIS systems), also referred to as “student management systems” or “student information systems,” are web-based applications that assist students, instructors, families, and administrators in tracking their academic careers. Sis systems are part of customer relationship management (CRM) systems that work with or can be used with school administration and learning management systems. They are either integrated into or can be used with these systems. Sis systems software is used to keep track of students’ records from the time they start school to when they finish college.
Top 15 SIS Systems(Student Information Systems) in 2023
They keep track of information such as attendance and truancy records, health histories, disciplinary records, academic histories and transcripts, and financial commitments. Instructors and school administrators can benefit from student information systems in a number of ways. They help with scheduling, grading, fundraising, and communicating with parents.
SIS Systems Characteristics
- Recruiting: Collect information about potential students easily using an integrated module or tool on your website.
- Utilize this information to send follow-up emails, phone calls, responses, and estimates. Appointment scheduling tools can be used to arrange tours and shadowing trips. Analyze successful recruitments to make adjustments to recruitment techniques and demographic targeting.
- Gradebooks: management of transcripts/report cards, weighted grading, numeric/standards-based options, assignment types (quizzes, worksheets, essays, finals, etc.)
- Scheduling and Event Management: Create and monitor school-wide or district-wide events, class-specific events and deadlines, teacher schedules, after-school activities, and birthdays using advanced calendars. Certain events’ visibility might be restricted.
- Teachers can create lesson plans and timetables for their courses. Additionally, administrators can arrange rooms, teachers, and students. Assist teachers and administrators in streamlining communication with students and guardians, as well as the other way around.
- Send messages to particular people, to the entire school, to specific classrooms, and more via phone calls, emails, and text messages. Students and their guardians have their own portals via which they may connect with professors and administrators, see grades, upload and download papers, and access class and assignment rubrics.
- Attendance Records: Keep and analyze attendance records for all classes, student activities, and field trips. Create an automated truancy consequence. Notify guardians and administrators.
- Uploading Tools for Students: This allows students to submit assignments, essays, and other files for review by professors. Students may communicate by collaborating on papers. Fundraising and Volunteer Management: Administrators can plan, administer, and evaluate fundraising events and initiatives.
- Make it easy for alumni and other contributors to make gifts by setting up periodic, automatic online payments. Additionally, provide specialized volunteer opportunities for children, teachers, and guardians during events, allocating them to specific duties and/or time constraints.
- Keep track of guardians’ and students’ volunteer hours. Maintain a history of disciplinary actions (individuals involved, times/dates, sequence of events, etc.). Notify administrators and guardians by email. Additionally, you should, if required, report incidents to the proper authorities. Maintain current records of pupils’ allergies, vaccines, and other health needs and concerns.
- Provide guardians or students with the ability to upload medical records. Internal and State Reporting: Access a variety of pre-built report templates for tracking internal data such as student information averages, athletic eligibility, and volunteer hours.
- Additionally, report truancy, PSAT/SAT/ACT results, class grade averages, and other student information to appropriate agencies. Track funds received and funds owing for items such as tuition, field trip expenses, meals, and textbooks.
- Financial help may be offered and tracked using SIS systems. Simplify billing by allowing students and parents to pay securely online using flexible payment plans. Allow users to set up automatic payments and notify students/guardians when payments are due.
SIS Systems Have Numerous Advantages
Student information systems are designed to aid in the success of schools and students. Students benefit from SIS because it provides complete transparency about their academic progress as well as complete access to materials and instructor expectations.
Reporting in Academics
Administrators can choose from a library of state reporting templates and fill in relevant forms and documents. Certain data may be imported straight from Excel spreadsheets and other file types, which saves time and eliminates data entry mistakes.
Additionally, SIS will maintain templates to ensure they are current and consistent with data standards such as Ed-Fi, SIF, and ADT. Administrators can use these reports to evaluate instructors or departments in a number of ways.
They can track how specific classes advance or regress throughout the course of their school careers and compare them to previous classes and/or state or federal classes from the same year. School districts can develop plans to maintain success or reverse decreases, and then monitor their progress through subsequent reports.
Portals for Students and Guardians
The majority of student information systems have distinct interfaces for students and parents. Teachers can publish rubrics, timetables, assignments, course work, and deadlines, among other things, so that students are always aware of their work and expectations.
Through these portals, teachers may connect with students and guardians. This enables parents to communicate directly with their children’s instructors and ensures that teachers may communicate with guardians. Other alerts and histories, such as report cards, disciplinary records, health histories, attendance, and timetables, will be stored on the portals.
Financial Data That Is Reliable
Throughout the year, schools need a variety of different payments from students, and student information systems assist administrators in managing those payments and information. Administrators may establish events for which students can register and then pay online, all through the same site. This information is recorded, and for each event, a student list is created.
Students may also register for events without making a payment; the SIS will inform administrators to collect payment at a later date. Payment notifications can also be issued to student/guardian portals. SIS can also be used to track financial aid, grants, and scholarships. Payment deadlines can be established for any required payments, and schools can work with participating students/guardians to establish payment plans.
Schools may access information about their incoming revenue and outgoing financial aid, as well as historical financial data and upcoming initiatives. Additionally, they might use this data to develop budget objectives, fundraising plans, and other financial initiatives.
Gradelink’s sis systems enable schools to save time, increase student recruitment and retention, and improve student services. Gradelink assists students by creating reports, computing grades, and locating guardian contact information, among other functions.
2. FACTS Student Information System
FACTS is an acronym for the FACTS sis systems. FACTS Student Information System (previously RenWeb) is a school management system that assists K–12 businesses in elevating their status via effective admissions and enrollment administration. It facilitates the exchange of information amongst all stakeholders participating in an educational context, such as.
3. Infinite Campus
Infinite Campus is a student information system (sis systems) for Windows and Mac systems. Infinite Campus takes pride in integration since it offers extra features beyond SIS, such as learning management software (LMS), food management software, etc.
4. Administrator’s Plus
Administrator’s Plus is a cloud-based sis system for grades PK–12 that enables collaboration among educators, instructors, parents, and students. Attendance, report cards, scheduling, and payment are all made easier using the program. Administrator’s Plus may be of assistance.
5. Aspen Student Information System
Follett Corporation’s Aspen sis systems enable students, families, instructors, and administrators to manage data and student services. Aspen SIS assists instructors in managing their classrooms, including attendance, report cards, and discipline reports.
6. Frontline Student Information System
Frontline Education’s Frontline Student Information System assists students, families, and instructors in tracking student performance and needs. Frontline SIS enables you to centrally manage students, teachers, and schedules. Enrollment information should be centralized.
7. PowerSchool SIS
PowerSchool SIS is an educational institution’s student information system. The system contributes to your K-12 educational institution’s efficiency by monitoring daily operations, providing reporting tools, managing the grade book, and providing real-time insights.
8. Blackbaud Student Information Management System
The Blackbaud Student Information Management System enables schools to manage their students, staff, budgets, and events more effectively. This Blackbaud student information system (SIS) interfaces with other Blackbaud products, such as its learning and enrollment management software, allowing.
9. Skyward Student Management Suite
Skyward Student Management Suite is a student information system (SIS) that enables students, parents, administrators, and instructors to keep track of their academic progress. Skyward assists with the management of scheduling, grading, student billing requirements, and behavioral histories.
The BigSIS Student Information System (SIS) provides educators, students, and guardians with clear, powerful tools. BigSIS assists in the management of grades, attendance, behavior records, budgets, and timetables, among other things. Students, parents, instructors, and various others.
11. CampusNexus Student
CampusNexus Student is a cloud-based student information system designed for institutions of higher learning. CampusNexus Student connects with other cloud-based products from Campus Management Corp., such as CampusNexus Finance, Human Resources, and Payroll.
12. PCR Educator School Management System
School Management System for PCR Educators. The PCR Educator’s School Informational Management System is a comprehensive solution that connects your entire school, from admission through enrollment. By providing an easy-to-use experience for kids, families, and staff, the cloud-based solution for schools aims.
Common Goal Systems’ SchoolInsight Student Management System is a student information system designed for small and medium-sized districts and private schools. The cloud-based systems of SchoolInsight consolidate and coordinate attendance and discipline, as well as scheduling.
14. Unifyed Student – Manage
Unifyed Student-Manage is a cloud-based student information system (SIS) designed for institutions of higher learning. Additionally, it is a component of Unifyed’s broader range of education software solutions, notably Unifyed Student. Student-Manage by Unifyed enables students to view.
15. Jenzabar SONIS Student Information System
Jenzabar SONIS is a student information system developed by Jenzabar Inc. for use in higher education institutions. SONIS enables administrators to identify the sorts of students that thrive at their school, allowing them to recruit and encourage those.