My email was changed and my Netflix account was hacked. How to Recover It. Lets discuss. One of the main platforms saturating the online streaming market is Netflix login. Users who pay an annual subscription fee can watch a huge number of movies and TV shows.
However, one issue that Netflix users have consistently reported over the years is that they are not able to log into their accounts and believe that they have been hacked. In any case, getting hacked is unpleasant, but it’s especially annoying when it occurs on a subscription-based account since customers then have to pay for the subscription, whereas the hackers are allowed to use it.
These hackers can access a person’s account to a variety of various depths. Some hackers simply log in to view content for free and without your knowledge; others may change the account password; and, worst of all, some hackers may change the email address associated with the account completely.
In this article, we’ll look at easy precautions you can take to safeguard your Netflix account against hacking and how to get your account back if it has already been compromised.
My Netflix Login account has been hacked, right?
Here’s How to Recover It. The very first thing you should know is this. It’s likely that you have been hacked if you’ve ever detected some odd viewing activity on your account but are confident that you didn’t carry it out.
Here are the procedures to follow if your Netflix login account has been hacked in order to find out whether you have been hacked and recover it.
Netflix Login on a Smartphone
- Use your smartphone to log into your Netflix account.
- Click “More” in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Your email address may be found under “Action” under “App Settings,” which you should choose.
- After that, modify your password.
- Set up two-step authentication for your email address so that whenever you choose to log in, a verification email is sent to you that you must open in order to gain access to your account.
- Even though it may seem like a lot of work, you need to do this to keep hackers from getting into your account.
Netflix Login On Web
- When you sign in to your Netflix login account on the web, you may find the drop-down profile icon next to the bell icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Account.”
- Expand your account by scrolling down to the “PROFILE & PARENTAL CONTROLS” section.
- By scrolling down the list of options beneath your account selection, click View next to the “Viewing activities” option to activate it.
- To see every place where your account has been logged in, go back to the main Account page and choose “Recent Device Streaming Activity” under the “SETTINGS” section.
- Look for any areas or nations that are different from where you have recently travelled.
- If you do, go straight away to “Settings” and choose “Sign out of all devices.”
- Return to “Account,” then click “Change Password” in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Make a password change. Choose the checkbox that says “Require all devices to sign in again with a new password.” This is an optional checkbox.
- After you’ve done the above steps, all devices that are connected to your Netflix login account will immediately log out. This will stop the hacker from getting into your account again.
But if the hacker goes further and changes your log-in information, like your email address and maybe even your credit card number, you won’t be able to get back in through your account settings. You must get in touch with the Netflix Help Desk. To report this problem, use the Netflix app on your smartphone to call them for free.
You might be able to get back into your account if the information you are asked for can be checked and confirmed.
However, if much of your account information has been changed, you might not be able to get your account back because there won’t be any proof that it was originally yours. This implies that in order to catch up on your favourite series and the newest movies, you would need to create a new account.
We can all agree that Netflix login needs to strengthen its data security protections, but since this is not yet the case, the best way to prevent your account from being hacked is to create a password that is as secure as possible, preferably one that contains uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and, if necessary, symbols.