Testing a website or web app before making it live is a very important thing, as websites can often be buggy on some browsers, screen resolutions, and systems. That’s why browser testing tools are an essential tool for web developers, which helps them to check the responsiveness and functionality of a website.
While testing website compatibility tools, we came across Comparium, which is a solid website browser test tool and is totally free to use.
So, we have decided to pen down an in-depth review of the comparium app and discuss its features.
What is Comparium?
In brief, Comparium is a platform that helps web developers to test the compatibility of their websites and web apps on various browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
Comparium automatically detects the errors in the website structure and helps you to resolve them. The best part about using Comparium is that it is free to use, and does not even require a credit card to sign up, which means, no hidden charges.
Next, we will be discussing are the features of Comparium that will give a deep understanding of the features offered by this cross-browser compatibility test tool.
You might be thinking about why we chose to review comparium even when there are hundreds of website testing tools available?
The main reason behind this is the flexibility, ease of use, and affordability. Comparium is easy to use, and even a rookie developer can get along with it within a few minutes. It is not overloaded with useless features, but the right tools that are required for website testing.
Most developers cannot afford a premium website testing tool, but comparium is totally free to use and has no hidden charges as well.
On top of that, its screenshot tool is an ultimate feature which we will be discussing in the next section of this review.
Features of Comparium
Comparium screenshot tool helps you to create Full Page Screen Capture for Windows and Mac, of your websites on different screen sizes and browsers, in just one click. This feature saves you a lot of time and supports the mobile versions as well.
To use this feature, all you have to do is
- Register an account on Comparium.app, which can be done by entering your email and choosing a password, to do the process quickly, just hit on “sign up using google.”
- Now, click on the screenshot option, enter the URL of your website.
- Select the screen width, you can also add custom screen sizes.
- The next step is to select the browsers. You can select the latest version and the recent previous version of the browsers.
- Now hit the “Create screenshots” button and let comparium do its job.
You can view the individual screenshots, and compare them as well. There are four comparison modes: Side by side, overlay, slider, and full screen.
Live testing tool
Another key feature of the app is the Live testing tool, which helps you to test your website in real-time and check the functionality. You can choose any operating system, browser, and browser version to test your project in real-time. Let’s have a quick glance at how this tool works:
- Register an account on Comparium, follow the steps mentioned above.
- The live testing feature is right next to the screenshot feature, click on it.
- A new page will show up, and you need to enter the URL of your website there and then choose the operating system.
- Now select the browser and the browser version, and click on the “run live test” button.
- You can now check the live version of your website in different Operating systems, browsers, and browser versions.
Virtual browser tests
Comparium helps you to test your websites on virtual browsers instantly. There’s no need to install a dozen of browsers and their previous version for the sake of testing your website, comparium can do it for you.
Test Responsiveness of A Website
As aforementioned, comparium helps you to check the responsiveness of your website on various platforms.
The screenshot tool takes screenshots of the website on the selected browsers and their versions and helps you to compare them in using four different comparison methods.
You can test your website in multiple screen resolutions. Comparium gives you a preset of screen sizes to choose from and also a feature to add a custom screen size.
Comparium tests your website on every screen size, resolution, browser, and device for accurate resolution testing.
Browsers and Operating Systems Supported by Comparium
Like we said above, Comparium is totally free to use, you do not have to give your card details during registration or purchase any features after registration.
Comparium is totally free to use.
At last, we would like to say that comparium has everything a web developer would need to test its projects. You can use it without paying a penny, and use it for multiple projects.